Columbia Junction Roundhouse
The Columbia Junction Roundhouse was completed in November 1892 and was used for servicing and repairing steam engines. It is believed that the roundhouse was razed during the later 1920’s or early 1930’s and the remaining walls were bulldozed into the six pits inside the roundhouse.
In 1991, work began on clearing the roundhouse site of trees, brush and debris. Plans for a new roundhouse were drawn up using the original plans as a guide. The shell of the new roundhouse building was completed in August 2000 on the original foundation. The doors have been installed and a brick paver floor is being laid. For a donation, people can have a paver inscribed and placed in the floor (click here for the form). The roundhouse will be used to store and display equipment.